DigiTech® Exhibits New Vocalist® Live 4 Vocal Harmony and Effects Processor
(DigiTech | Posted 2007-08-07)
DigiTech®, a leading manufacturer of guitar signal processors, and a Harman International company (NYSE-HAR), is showing the Vocalist® Live 4 vocal harmony and effects floor processor at this Summer NAMM Show. The new Vocalist® Live 4 furthers DigiTech’s ongoing philosophy of developing products designed to supply musicians with the best sounding, most creative tools possible.
The Vocalist® Live 4 vocal harmony processor is the big brother to DigiTech’s Vocalist Live 2 and both units employ the powerful technology of musIQ™ which accurately creates multi-part harmony by analyzing guitar chords. There is no tedious programming or knowledge of complicated music theory needed. Simply play any guitar chord and the Vocalist® Live 4 knows exactly which great sounding harmony to create. The user can choose from a 3rd, 5th or octave above or below, or unisons to create up to 4 part harmony. It’s that simple.
The Vocalist® Live 4 feature set also includes:
• Selection of lead voice effects; Compressor, Reverb, Delay, Preamp effects and EQ
• 24-bit/44.1kHz audio quality
• Built-in mixer with Vocal, Harmony and Guitar level controls
• Pitch correction with four adjustable parameters
• Vocal enhancement effects matrix allows up to five parameters of Preamp, Compressor/Gate, EQ, Lead Effects, Harmony, Reverb, Echo Delay and Guitar effects
• Store and recall up to 50 User presets; select from 50 Factory presets
• 2+10-character easy to read LED display
• Major/Minor and Key Change Up/Down buttons with LED display
• Harmony, Effects and Preset Up/Down pedals
• On board chromatic guitar tuner
• XLR mic /line input with level adjustment, low-noise preamp and +48V phantom power
• 1/4” guitar input, 1/4” guitar pass-through and guitar ground lift
• Balanced Stereo 1/4” line and balanced stereo XLR outputs
• Rugged road worthy all-metal chassis
• Power supply included
The Vocalist® Live 4 has an MSR of $699.00
For more information on the new DigiTech Vocalist Live 4 please visit http://www.digitech.com/products/Vocalist_Live4/
About musIQ™ Harmony Technology
musIQ™ is a revolutionary technology that eliminates the need to enter key and scale information into the Vocalist Live 4 as it listens to the notes/chords played on a guitar and makes sure that the harmony voices fit with the music. Real-time processing discerns the individual notes and key signatures that are played to automatically generate appropriate vocal harmonies that complement the lead vocal. musIQ™ is a trademark of 3dB Research® Ltd.
Salt Lake City-based DigiTech leads the market with innovative product offerings that are engineered to meet the needs of today’s musicians. DigiTech’s acclaimed line of equipment includes advanced guitar and bass multi-effects units, stompboxes, guitar workstations and vocal effect processors. As part of the Harman Music Group, DigiTech belongs to the Harman International family of companies.
About the Harman Pro Group:
The Harman Pro Group (www.harmanpro.com) is the world’s largest provider of professional audio products and system solutions for commercial sound, contracting, tour sound, recording and broadcast, musician, portable PA and cinema applications. The Group is headquartered in Northridge, California and includes industry leaders AKG Acoustics, BSS Audio, Crown International, dbx, DigiTech, JBL Professional, Lexicon, Soundcraft, and Studer. The Group is part of Harman International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE: HAR), a leading supplier of high-quality, high fidelity audio products and infotainment systems for the automotive, home and professional markets.
Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
—For more information on the full line of DigiTech products, please contact David Rohrer,
Harman Music Group, 8760 South Sandy Parkway, Sandy, UT 84070. Tel: (801) 566-8800, www.digitech.com.