DigiTech® Introduces Vocalist® Live Pro Vocal Harmony and Effects Processor
(DigiTech | Posted 2008-01-31)
DigiTech®, a leading manufacturer of guitar signal processors, and a Harman International company (NYSE-HAR), introduces the Vocalist® Live Pro vocal harmony and effects rack processor. The Vocalist Live Pro furthers DigiTech’s ongoing philosophy of developing products designed to supply musicians with the best sounding, most creative tools possible.
The Vocalist Live Pro continues in the tradition of the critically acclaimed Vocalist Live 4 and Vocalist Live 2 processors. The Vocalist Live Pro employs powerful musIQ™ technology to accurately create multi-part harmony by analyzing a musical accompaniment signal. Like the Live 4 and Vocalist Live 2, the Vocalist Live Pro works with any electric or amplified acoustic guitar. Additionally, because the Vocalist Live Pro also accepts MIDI, keyboard players can now get musically intelligent harmonies just by playing in a natural accompaniment style. There is no tedious programming or knowledge of complicated music theory needed. Simply play any guitar or keyboard, and the Vocalist Live Pro will figure out which great sounding harmony to create. The user can choose harmony shifts in a four-octave range, including unisons, to create up to four-part harmony. It’s that simple. The Vocalist Live Pro is a 1U rack mounted unit and weighs 3 lbs.
The Vocalist Live Pro feature set also includes:
- Four-part intelligent vocal harmony using guitar or MIDI-based musIQ™* note detection and harmony engine
- Selectable harmony shifts ranging up to two octaves above or below the lead vocal
- Alternate harmony modes including Fixed Shift, Scalic, MIDI Chordal and MIDI Notes
- Pitch correction with 4 adjustable parameters
- Lead Persona Models with Gender Shifting
- Vocal Pre-Effects including Compressor, De-esser, Preamp, Band-Limiting, and EQ
- Legendary Lexicon® Reverb and Delay post-effects
- Edit, store and recall 99 user or 99 factory presets
- On board guitar tuner
- XLR mic /line with level adjustment, studio grade preamp and 48V phantom power
- 1/4" guitar input, 1/4" guitar pass-through, 1/4" line in.
- L/R Stereo 1/4" aux outputs, L/R XLR main outputs, S/PDIF out, ground lift, selectable output routings
- MIDI in/thru, USB for preset editing, backup and exchange
- Footswitch and expression pedal jacks for remote control of presets and effects
- Power supply included
The Vocalist Live Pro will be available March 2008 for an MSRP of $849.95.
For more information on the new DigiTech Vocalist Live Pro please visit http://www.digitech.com/products/vocalistlivepro/
About musIQ™ Harmony Technology
musIQ™ is a revolutionary technology that eliminates the need to enter key and scale information into the Vocalist Live Pro as it listens to the notes/chords played on a guitar or keyboard and makes sure that the harmony voices fit with the music. Real-time processing discerns the individual notes and key signatures that are played to automatically generate appropriate vocal harmonies that complement the lead vocal.
*musIQ™ is a trademark of 3dB Research® Ltd.
Salt Lake City-based DigiTech leads the market with innovative product offerings that are engineered to meet the needs of today’s musicians. DigiTech’s acclaimed line of equipment includes advanced guitar and bass multi-effects units, stompboxes, guitar workstations and vocal effect processors. As part of the Harman Music Group, DigiTech belongs to the Harman International family of companies.
About the Harman Pro Group:
The Harman Pro Group (www.harmanpro.com) is the world’s largest provider of professional audio products and system solutions for commercial sound, contracting, tour sound, recording and broadcast, musician, portable PA and cinema applications. The Group is headquartered in Northridge, California and includes industry leaders AKG Acoustics, BSS Audio, Crown International, dbx, DigiTech, JBL Professional, Lexicon, Soundcraft, and Studer. The Group is part of Harman International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE: HAR), a leading supplier of high-quality, high fidelity audio products and infotainment systems for the automotive, home and professional markets.
Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
—For more information on the full line of DigiTech products, please contact David Rohrer, Harman Music Group, 8760 South Sandy Parkway, Sandy, UT 84070. Tel: (801) 566-8800, www.digitech.com.