High-Powered Peavey VB-2™ Tube Bass Amplifier Delivers Snarling to Sparkling Valve Tones
(Peavey | Posted 2008-06-14)
Peavey proudly announces that it is
shipping the VB-2, a new Tour™ Series bass amplifier head with all-tube preamp and power
sections and active EQ with multi-frequency mid adjustment.
The VB-2 is built around a tube power section that utilizes six EL34 tubes to deliver its stunning
225 watts of power. By adjusting the Clean Gain and Overdrive Gain controls on the footswitchable
Clean and Crunch channels, respectively, players can dial in tones ranging from the snarling grit of
rock and metal to the weighty thump of old-school dub and reggae to clean, punchy hi-fi—all while
delivering the necessary “cut” to maintain a strong bass presence in live performances.
Backing up the amplifier’s tube growl is a 3-band EQ that combines the best attributes of passive
and active tone controls. This section includes high and low controls, as well as a mid control
with a four-position midrange selector switch that allows players to set the mid-frequency shift at
200, 400, 600 or 800 Hz.
Peavey’s patented Resonance and Presence controls, which adjust the damping factor at the low
and high ends, respectively, along with a three-way speaker impedance selector, enable players
to match the VB-2 to virtually any bass speaker enclosure. A footswitchable mute/tuner circuit
and front-panel effects loop give players additional flexibility.
The Peavey VB-2 is available now from authorized Peavey retailers.
• 225 watts of all-tube power from six EL34 pentodes
• Clean and overdrive channels with footswitch selection
• Custom-designed, oversized power and output transformers
• Impedance selector switch for 2, 4 and 8 ohm loads to match any bass cabinet
• Two parallel speaker output jacks
• Two shielded 12AX7 dual triode preamp tubes
• Shielded, 12AT7 cathodyne phase splitter for increased power amplifier dynamics
• Ceramic tube sockets
• Inputs for passive and active basses
• Tuner send jack
• Footswitchable mute/tune switch with flashing LED indicator
• Bright switch
• Three-band active EQ with four-position mid-shift switch
• Front-mounted, series effects loop
• Resonance and Presence damping controls
• Balanced, XLR direct output with ground lift and pre/post EQ switch
• U.S. MSRP $1099.99
Founded in 1965, Peavey® is one of the world's largest manufacturers of musical instruments and professional sound
equipment. Peavey has earned more than 180 patents and produces more than 2,000 products, which are distributed
throughout the United States and to 136 other countries. Peavey and its MediaMatrix®, Architectural Acoustics®,
PVDJ®, Crest Audio® and Trace Elliot® brands and affiliates can be found on concert stages and in more than 5,000
airports, stadiums, theme parks and other venues around the world. To find out more, visit www.peavey.com.