GENELEC EXHIBITS NEW SMALL ENVIRONMENT (SE™) DSP MONITORING SYSTEM
(GENELEC | Posted 2008-10-07)
Genelec, the world’s leader in Active Monitoring technology, exhibits the SE™ (Small Environment) DSP Monitoring System, designed to solve many of the acoustic problems associated with small recording and mixing environments. The SE DSP Monitoring System offers Genelec’s outstanding performance in a high-quality, affordable and easy-to-use package that is ideal for near field monitoring, mobile/location recording, digital audio workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms, surround sound systems, home studios and multimedia applications.
The SE DSP Monitoring System combines the new SE7261A 10-inch DSP subwoofer with 8130A digital input active monitors (5-inch bass drivers and 3/4-inch tweeters), for easy configuration as a sub-assisted stereo or multi-channel reference system. Software control is reassuringly simple with the SE7261A DSP subwoofer providing all necessary network connections to the host computer and supplying extensive DSP resources through its high-pass AES digital outputs to the 8130A’s.
The system also features new AutoCal™ GLM (Genelec Loudspeaker Manager) SE software, which provides the familiar graphic interface to help speed users through system setup and complete acoustic calibration.
The new SE7261A active DSP subwoofer includes:
• Eight channel AES/EBU bass management
• Four notch filters + Bass Roll-off applied to sub channels
• AutoPhase sub integration
The 8 channel high-pass outputs to 8130A each have:
• Two notch filters
• Time of flight compensation
• Level alignment
• Video display delay compensation
• The subwoofer’s frequency response is 19 Hz to 120 Hz.
The complementary 8130A active monitoring system features:
• 192 kHz/24 bit digital audio interface.
• Directivity Control Waveguide™ (DCW™) technology for excellent frequency balance, even
in difficult acoustic environments.
• Integrated design so that the amplifiers and the drivers can be calibrated as a single unit,
thereby eliminating the effects of component tolerances and ensuring consistent quality.
• Very low distortion due to a uniquely new rear reflex port design.
• The system’s frequency response extends down to 55 Hz (-3 dB).
The GLM.SE Software package includes
• Rapid cabling wizard for easy setup.
• Calibration wizard for AutoCal™ automatic calibration.
• Genelec calibration microphone.
• Network Interface.
Like all Genelec DSP systems, the new SE System is designed to adapt to the user’s listening environment accurately and quickly. The SE System is an exciting new package that owes its existence to a combination of nearly 30 years of on-site room measurement, a decade of DSP network system development, and active monitoring technology that is uniquely Genelec’s, featuring all-aluminum Minimum Diffraction Enclosure™ (MDE™) cabinets and Laminar Spiral Enclosure™ (LSE™) technologies.