VOX NOW SHIPPING VT SERIES AMPS – THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE AWARD-WINNING VALVETRONIX™ SERIES GUITAR AMPLIFIERS
(Vox | Posted 2009-01-27)
WINTER NAMM SHOW, ANAHEIM, CA, January 15, 2009 — VOX is now shipping its VT Series (www.voxamps.com/valvetronix/vt-series) 15-Watt VT15, 30-Watt VT30, 50-Watt VT50 and 100-Watt VT100 combos, the latest expansion of its line of Valvetronix™ tube-powered modeling amplifiers. As with all Valvetronix models, these amps feature VOX’s patented Valve Reactor™ technology*. This proprietary design uses a unique 12AX7 tube circuit to create a 100% analog power-amp circuit that delivers true tube amp sound and feel, unattainable with digital technology. Based on VOX’s critically acclaimed AD Series, these new models deliver even more advanced modeling and effects, all at affordable price points. New Features include:
- 22 ultra-authentic amp models that provide maximum tonal flexibility by delivering everything from the latest high-gain amps to legendary vintage and boutique amplifiers.
- 12 high-quality effects – including reverb with its own independent level control – ranging from familiar standards such as chorus and delay to new effects such as a pitch shifter/harmonizer.
- 66 preset programs — 22 famous song presets which simulate the signature tones of the world’s most famous guitarists.
- 8 footswitchable user programs for creating and saving custom amp and effect combinations.
- Built-in speaker-emulated headphone/line-out jack for playing in private or connecting to a mixer or recorder without sacrificing sound quality.
- Optional VFS5 footswitch, providing hands-free program switching and allowing users to turn effects on/off, or to set delay time and modulation speed.
The amps’ bold looks provide a modern twist on traditional VOX design, combining the striking metal grills of the previous Valvetronix AD Series with new cream chicken head/pointer knobs that pay homage to VOX’s rich heritage. Each model features VOX custom-designed speakers as well as user selectable output power that allows the Valve Reactor to be saturated at even low volumes to deliver authentic tube power amp sound, response and feel. In addition, external speaker output is provided on the VT50 and VT100, and an effects loop on the VT100.
All models are now available with MSRP pricing as follows:
- VT15 - $280.00
- VT30 - $375.00
- VT50 - $540.00
- VT100 - $900.00
- VT Footswitch - $84.00
For more information, please visit www.voxamps.com.
*For more information about Valvetronix technology