Fender Introduces Two New G-DEC 3 Amplifiers
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-01-05)
Expected to be in stores by April 2010, the new Fender G-DEC 3 (Guitar Digital Entertainment Center) amp series are offered in 30- and 15-watt versions. The amps offer easy computer connection and 100 presets and audio performance loops, many of which were created by top artists and session aces including Eric Johnson, Charlie Benante and Frank Bello (Anthrax), Phil Collen (Def Leppard), Joe Trohman (Fall Out Boy), Brad Paisley, Dweezil Zappa, Jim "Rev. Horton Heat" Heath, Keith Urban, Hatebreed, Nils Lofgren, Gary Hoey, Crooked X, Strung Out and many others.
The G-DEC 3 also includes the exclusive Fender FUSE™ software interface, which lets the amp connect to a computer without need for any special adapters or hardware. Fender FUSE lets the user download and upload backing tracks, edit performance parameters and swap files with a worldwide community of players.
Other features include:
- Digital amp and effects models that let the user create a personalized arsenal of guitar tones suited to every style of playing.
- Onboard mp3 and WAV file storage and playback.
- Ableton® Live Lite 8 Fender Edition studio-quality recording and editing software.
- AmpliTube® Fender LE modeling software, which recreates classic Fender amp tones and delivers ultra-realistic speaker, mic and effects models.
- Multi-function SD card slot for unlimited storage of presets and audio content.
- Fender Special Design speaker (plus high-frequency tweeter on 30-watt model).
- Onboard phrase sampler with overdub and export functions.v
- Onboard chromatic tuner.
- Compiled from a Fender news release.