Hercules unveils DJ Console Mk4
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-01-15)
Hercules, a specialist in digital DJing, has unveiled the DJ Console Mk4, a mixing console with a compact design and analog audio source connectivity. This new mixer for amateur or mobile DJ’s is an updated version of the company's bestselling the DJ Console and DJ Console Mk2. The portable Mk4 controller includes two decks and a high-performance audio interface and is designed to be an all-in-one DJ station for PC and Mac.
With a wider body than previous models, the Mk4's has a metallic-colored top with a see-through plate and new body. It also includes more precise jog wheels, 4 browser buttons instead of a joystick, more space between the cross fader and jog wheels and backlit buttons for ease of use during low-light conditions.
The Mk4 is compact (7.36” x 10.4” x 2.5”) and at 2.5 pounds is lighter than a laptop computer with large, non-slip feet for stability while mixing. The Mk4 also includes a high-performance audio interface:
• 2 stereo outputs (2 x 2 RCA) let DJs play their mix for the audience (channels 1-2: 2 RCA outputs to connect hi-fi systems and mixers, plus 1 stereo mini jack output (1/8” / 3.5mm) for multimedia speakers), while also previewing the next track for themselves (channels 3-4: 2 RCA outputs, plus 1 headphone plug).
• 2 stereo inputs (2 x 2 RCA) let DJs connect external audio sources, and include them in their digital mix: vinyl turntables, CD or MP3 players, and so on.
• 4 input levels: phono (for vinyl turntables), consumer line level (-10dBv, for MP3 players), pro line level (+4dBu, for studio gear), and boosted pro line level (+8dBu, for the most powerful CD players designed for DJing).
• 1 microphone jack (1/4” / 6.35mm), with talk-over function.
• 1 headphone jack (1/4” / 6.35mm), for previewing tracks.
Other features include:
• Two decks for mixing digital audio files
• Two jog wheels for moving within tracks, adjusting speed of playback, applying scratching effects and more.
This new Hercules controller comes bundled with VirtualDJ® DJC Edition, easy-to-learn yet powerful mixing software that provides users with a wealth of useful functions including audio file analysis for calculating music tracks’ BPM, suggesting a cue point and more. The console also includes functions for synchronizing tracks as well as for applying automatic loops and multiple effects for users who want to add their own personal touch to their musical creations or record their mixes as audio files. Hercules also includes a graphic skin that can be placed underneath the see-through plate on top of the controller, allowing users to give a unique look to their console.
For more information on the DJ Console Mk4 , visit www.hercules.com
Minimum system requirements
PC: 1.5GHz processor or higher; 1GB RAM; Windows® XP / Vista / 7 (32/64-bit); USB port; stereo speakers and/or headphones.
Mac®: 1.5GHz processor or higher; 1GB RAM; Mac OS® 10.4 / 10.5 /10.6; USB port; stereo speakers and/or headphones.
Complied from a Hercules press release.