Roland debuts battery powered stereo acoustic guitar amp
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-01-23)
Back in the late 1970s, Roland was one of the first companies to introduce a guitar amp with stereo chorus, and it sounded great, defining the sound of The Police and many other "New Wave" artists through the early '80s. Now Roland has introduced the AC-33, the world's first battery-powered amp made specifically for acoustic guitar.
The AC-33 provides true stereo sound, Guitar and Mic/Line channels, custom-tailored effects, anti-feedback, and a Phrase Looper. Equipped with Roland's latest DSP technology, the AC-33, delivers pure, rich acoustic sound with projection far beyond its size. Its true stereo design enables brilliant stereo/multiband chorus with a "Wide" mode, shimmering reverb and 3D ambient effects designed specifically for acoustic guitar.
The AC-33 provides two discrete channels: Guitar and Mic/Line, making it a great choice for singer/guitarists. Plug in an acoustic guitar and a microphone (or line-level instrument) and mix them separately. Both channels have controls for volume, multi-band EQ, and chorus. The Mic/line channel offers both XLR and 1/4" inputs. You can also connect an MP3/CD player to the stereo AUX input for play-along practice or performance. Master volume, reverb, ambience, and anti-feedback are provided as well.
The AC-33's onboard Phrase Looper lets you record, loop, and jam over your own guitar riffs or incoming audio from the AUX input. Record and loop up to 40 seconds.
* 30 watts (15 W+15 W) of natural, stereo acoustic sound through twin speakers
* Runs on AC power or eight AA batteries (or AA rechargeable Ni-MH batteries)
* Dual-channel configuration: Guitar and Mic/Line channel
* Reverb, chorus, and ambience effects (Ambience adds spatial, 3D-type depth to the sound)
* Phrase Looper with 40 seconds of record time
* Stereo AUX input (connect MP3/CD players, etc), headphone output
* Anti-feedback function
* Built-in tilt-back stand
* Removable battery cartridge for easy battery replacement
* AC Adaptor (included, DC 13 V)
* Uses 8 (AA) type (alkaline)batteries or a 8 rechargeable AA batteries