IK Multimedia, Ampeg join forces or Ampeg SVX bass amp recording plug-in
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-02-01)
Ampeg's legendary B-15 "flip top" bass amp was a staple in recording studios in the 1960s and continues to be sought after for old-school, Motown-like bass tone for recording. Now Ampeg and IK Multimedia, a leader in amp-modeling plug-in technology, have joined forces to develop the first bass amp plug-in with a real signature sound.
The Ampeg SVX plug-in offers multiple amps, cabinets, stomps and a tuner. Mix and match between amps and cabinets to produce 24 bass amp combinations. A complete software bass pedalboard with 6 fully configurable stomp effects is included, and you can select from classic bass effects crafted after classic Ampeg stomps and other vintage gear.
Ultra accurate modeling using the same technology as the AmpliTube plug-in offers more than 20 bass gear emulations, including classic Ampeg bass amp models like the SVT-Classic, B-15R Portaflex “Flip Top”, BA-500 and SVT-4PRO. Stomps include the SPC-OCT Octaver and SCP-OD Overdrive or cabinets like the SVT-410H or SVT-810E, powered by AmpliTube’s unique DSM™ (Dynamic Saturat.
* 4 separate modules: tuner, configurable Stomp pedal board, Amp head, and Cabinet + Mic
* 8 Stomp effects
* 4 signature Ampeg® bass amps modeled
* 6 signature Ampeg® cabinet models
* 6 microphone models
* High-precision tuner
* Stand-alone and VST/AU/RTAS plug-in for all popular DAWs
* Includes SpeedTrainer™ for playing along with your favorite recordings
* Includes AmpliTube X-GEAR for seamless integration with all the other “Powered by AmpliTube” products, MIDI control and StompIO integration
* Powered by AmpliTube® with exclusive DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) technology for award-winning sound & realistic feel
* Mac OS X (including Leopard) and XP/Vista compatible
Ampeg SVX has a retail price of $229; street around $199.