Fender releases limited edition Dick Dale guitar
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-02-02)
Elvis movies aside, every surfer knows it's hard to plug in your axe at the beach. So even big kahunas must chuck aaside their Strats and go unplugged once in while to serenade beach bunnies. Fender understands this, and has run out a new guitar that'll definitely have you hanging 10 on the way to the music store.
Although the name Dick Dale is most often associated with electrified "surf rock," in honor of the 45th anniversary of the release of California guitarist's hit album "Surfer's Choice", Fender has released the Dick Dale "Surfer's Choice" Malibu acoustic electric.
The guitar include several aspects of Dale's signature Malibu, including a 3" body depth, an onboard preamp with built-in tuner, the reverse six-in-line Fender headstock (which includes Dales' signature) and some radical surf-style artwork designed by Dick and his crew.
* Body Style: Folk
* Scale Length: 25.30"
* Top: Laminated Spruce
* Bracing: Scalloped X-Bracing
* Back & Sides: Laminated Mahogany
* Neck: Maple
* Nut Width: 1.65"
* Fretboard: Rosewood
* Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Saddle
* Hardware: Chrome
* Finish: Gloss
* Number of Frets: 20
* Tuners: Vintage Fender® Style with White Plastic Buttons
* Strings: D'Addario® Exp™ 26 Coated Phosphor Bronze .011 - .052
* Electronics: Fender® FTE3-TN Active On-Board Preamp with built in tuner.
* Fender® Stratocaster® Reverse Headstock Shape with Dick Dale Signature
* Fender Folk Guitar Body Shape
Dual Action Truss Rod
Traditional Fender Bridge
* Factory Mounted Forward Strap Button with Internal Block Reinforcement
* White Dot Inlays
Soft "C" Shaped Neck, Multiple Body Bindings
* "Surfer's Choice" Dick Dale Artwork on top and back.
MSRP: $450 (not including case : Street: $350.