Audio-Technica upgrades 3000 Series wireless microphones
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-02-11)
Audio-Technica has upgraded its widely heralded
3000 Series Frequency-agile True Diversity
UHF Wireless Systems for 2010. Now offering up to 1001 selectable UHF frequencies in 25 kHz spacing in three available frequency bands (including the new I Band), the 3000 Series delivers outstanding professional performance. Nine new pre-coordinated frequency scan groups simplify selection of usable frequencies in a multi-channel wireless system. The versatile UniPak body-pack transmitter features a backlit screen for easy reading in low-light situations and a locking battery door for added security. A
three-position sliding cover on the transmitter's control panel prevents accidental shutoff or channel-switching.
The 3000 Series is available with either a dynamic or condenser handheld transmitter featuring robust metal construction and slim ergonomic design. The ATW-T341b handheld transmitter includes the stage-proven Artist Elite AE4100 Cardioid Dynamic element, while the ATW-T371b handheld transmitter features the Artist Series ATM710 Cardioid Condenser element.
- New I band frequency range (482.000 507.000 MHz) in addition to existing C band (541.500566.375 MHz) and D band (655.500 680.375 MHz).
- 25 kHz frequency spacing: Each 3000 Series wireless system features 25 kHz spacing, providing a choice of 996 UHF frequencies in the C and D bands, 1001 UHF frequencies in the new I band.
- Antenna power: Receiver antenna input jacks can provide power to operate Audio-Technica powered antennas and accessories or other in-line RF devices.
- Scan groups: Nine pre-coordinated frequency scan groups on 3000 Series receivers simplify the selection of usable frequencies in a multi-channel wireless system.
- Backlit LCD: New 3000 Series transmitter offers a backlit screen that clearly presents setup and operating information illuminated for easy viewing.
- Dual-Color LEDs: New 3000 Series transmitters offer a dual-color (green and red) power/mute LED to indicate on/mute status.
- True Diversity: True Diversity operation selects the better signal from two independent receiver sections, reducing chance of dropouts.
- Advanced digital Tone Lock squelch effectively blocks stray RF; the digitally encoded tone also communicates transmitter data for receiver display.
- Receiver audio output increased to +9dBv.
- Ground-lift switch helps eliminate audible hum caused by ground loops.
- Balanced and unbalanced audio output jacks.
- 2-year warranty
ATW-3110b (Includes ATW-R3100b, ATW-T310b, Wireless Essentials microphone or cable)
ATW-3131b (Includes ATW-R3100b, ATW-T310b, AT831cW)
ATW-3141b (Includes ATW-R3100b, ATW-T341b)
ATW-3171b (Includes ATW-R3100b, ATW-T371b)
ATW-3192b (Includes ATW-R3100b, ATW-T310b, AT892cW)
ATW-3192b-TH (Includes ATW-R3100b, ATW-T310b, AT892cW-TH)
ATW-R3100b (Includes the following accessories: AC adapter, two flexible UHF antennas, rack-mount adapters)
ATW-T310b UniPak Transmitter
ATW-T341b Cardioid Condenser Transmitter
ATW-T371b Cardioid Dynamic Transmitter
Audio-Technica's updated 3000 Series Wireless Systems will be available in February 2010. For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.
Compiled from information in a press release and the Audio-Technica website.