Warwick offers pricey Adam Clayton "Reverso" signature bass
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-03-16)
U2's Adam Clayton has a low-profile image as a solid player whose bass lines, although not amazing, are always just what the song calls for. But there's no denying that U2 is visible, so it makes sense that German bass maker Warwick has worked with Clayton to debut Adam Clayton Reverso bass, a new design that not only looks cool but was forged from the same sonic template that helped define fellow legends John Entwistle and Jack Bruce when they came to Warwick.
Be ready to part with an arm and, perhaps, both legs for this one: MSRP is $12,500 USD.
The reversed Stryker body provides a fresh aesthetic to an iconic axe. The design also ensures excellent ergonomics, whether on a strap or seated. Thanks to the small lower horn, slim neck and neck-through construction, even the highest frets are easily reached.
The instrument uses a combination of tone woods, lending it beauty as well as brawn. The mahogany body and flamed maple 3-piece neck ensure a deep, clear sound while the AAAAA quilted maple top, mother of pearl block inlays, red side-LED’s and matching quilted maple headstock give it a classy appearance that is sure to stand out on any stage.
Equipped with a single active MEC P pickup in the sweet spot and passive MEC electronics, the Reverso provides Adam with the ballsy sound he’d been looking for.
* Neck Through design
* Only available as righthand 4-string
* Mahogany Body with AAAAA Quilted Maple top
* Matched headstock Quilted Maple
* Flamed Maple neck
* Tigerstripe ebony fingerboard
* Mother-of-pearl trapeze inlays
* Red side LEDs
* 34" long scale
* 24 frets
* Active MEC P split coil pickup
* Passive MEC electronics (separate tone controls for low and high frequencies)
* Natural satin finish
* Chrome hardware
* Warwick tuners
* Just-A-Nut III
* Warwick 2-piece bridge
* Warwick security locks
* Warwick EMP strings .045”-.105”
* Including Warwick "User Kit"
* Including RockCase® flight case (only for Germany, Czech, Poland, UK, Austria and Swiss) or "Premium Line Plus" RockBag® for electric bass
* Individually issued certificate of authenticity
Compiled from information on the Warwick website: www.warwickbass.com.