Sennheiser.ASCAP sponsor panel discussion at "I Create Music Expo" in LA
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-04-20)
Sennheiser has partnered with the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) to sponsor an extraordinary panel on capturing great sound at the fifth annual ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO on Friday, April 23, 2010, between 1:45 and 3:00 pm. The event is designed to help educate songwriters and performers on how to attain great sound both in the studio and on the stage. Following the panel, Sennheiser will invite attendees to audition its microphones and headphones and will have its artist relations management on hand.
The panel will feature professional artists and engineers discussing a variety of miking techniques and how these techniques affect instruments and vocals in a variety of settings. It will also explore mic selection, headphones, earbud monitors and how choosing the right audio tools can help take your music to the next level. Panelists scheduled to appear include:
* Christopher Spahr - National Market Development, Live Sound & Studio, Sennheiser Electronic Corp.
* John Kurlander - Chief Recording Engineer - Abbey Road Studios
* Jimmy Landry - Producer, Songwriter, Engineer, Artist Relations Manager, Cakewalk
* Tim Moore - Artist Relations Manager, Sennheiser Electronic Corp.
* Colleen D'Agostino Moreaux & Jon Moreaux (The Material) - Songwriters, Performers
* Woody Nuss - Live Sound Engineer, Mixer, Production/Tour Manager
This year's EXPO will feature a conversation between Bill Withers and Justin Timberlake, Quincy Jones being interviewed by Ludacris, an interview with John Mayer, a series of writer and composer-focused Master Sessions with some of the most successful names in music, including Linda Perry, Kenny Burrell, Don Schlitz, Loudon Wainwright III, Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald and Just Blaze, in addition to song feedback panels and an expanded array of career-building business, marketing, publishing and technological panels that speak to all music creators across all genres.
Also confirmed to participate are Kerry "Krucial" Brothers, Toby Gad, Allison Iraheta, Mark Isham, Lenny Kaye, Jason Mraz, Jill Sobule, C. Tricky Stewart, Phil Vassar, Don Was, and ASCAP President and Chairman Paul Williams, among others.