Zoom launches H1 Handy Recorder
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-06-05)
Zoom has announced the release of the H1 Handy Recorder, the company's smallest, most affordable recorder yet.
Weighing only about 2 ounces, the H1
records big sound despite its tiny footprint and features the same
studio-quality microphones as Zoom’s renowned H2 -- the
most popular handheld recorder in the world. The H1 is priced at just
$99, making it one of the most affordable professional recording
Like all Zoom recorders, the H1’s two onboard microphones are
configured in an X/Y pattern, for stunning stereo imaging depth and
clarity. The pocket-sized H1 delivers crystal clear 24-bit/96 kHz
stereo recordings perfect for music, interviews, lectures, recitals,
band practice and more.
The H1 is also the easiest Zoom recorder to use, sporting a newly
designed user interface that places all its functions at the touch of
a button. Zoom included access to the track marker, auto record, low
cut filter, level and volume controls with onboard buttons and no
The H1 can accommodate up to 32GB microSDHC memory cards, providing
over 50 hours of recording time. The new pocket sized recorder is
powered by a single AA size battery, which provides up to 10 hours or
continuous operation. H1 users can purchase an H1 accessory kit for
just $24.99 that includes a windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB
cable, adjustable tripod stand, soft carrying pouch and mic clip
The Zoom H1 Handy Recorder will be available everywhere on July 30 for $99.
For additional information visit http://zoomfx.com/h1.
• Stereo X/Y mic configuration captures perfect stereo images
• Same frequency and SPL handling as popular Zoom H2
• Records WAV 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
• Records MP3 from 48 to 320kbps for maximum recording time
• USB 2.0 port and integrated reference speaker built-in
• One AA size (LR6) battery - 10 hours operation
• Includes 2GB microSD memory card and AA battery
• Accommodates up to 32GB microSD memory cards
• Auto record level setting
• Track marker function
• Low cut filter
• 1/8” external mic input
• Stereo 1/8” line output
• Built-in mounting joint for tripod and mic stand mounting
From a press release.