Orange Amplifiers releases OPC computer/amp that includes over $1,000 in free sofware
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-06-14)
It's a computer! It's an amplifier!! It's a computer AND an amplifier!!! Following up on its preliminary teaser in early spring, Britain-based Orange Amplifiers has announced the final specification and price for the much-anticipated and revolutionary all-in-one computer amplifier speaker – the OPC, whic is now available.
The OPC is more than a high quality all-in-one powerful computer, it has been designed to deliver playing, recording, editing and computing capabilities to musicians and music aficionados. The details are:
* The OPC will be priced at £1199 (inc vat), $1499 USD, €1225 (ex vat/tax)
* 24 Bit Audio Interface with both guitar and microphone inputs
* Installed with Windows 7 (64 bit), this OPC comes bundled with over £700 (inc vat), €714 (ex vat/tax), $860 of free premium handpicked digital recording music software- no trialware at all. Orange has partnered with some of the worlds biggest names in the Audio Software business. The OPC will include:
o Presonus Studio Orange Custom Edition (Professional level recording software offering powerful user friendly music creation and production application for artists of all levels)
o Acoustica Mixcraft – Full Version (Easy to use multi-track studio software to record audio, arrange loops, remix tracks, compose with virtual instruments, score and edit video, and add effects to create stunningly professional compositions.)
o IK Multimedia Amplitube 3 (Full Version of this leading guitar and bass tone gear modelling software. Over 160 ultra-accurately modelled sounds including brand new Custom Orange Amp models. Plug in your guitar; choose your sound and your away!)
o Toontracks – EZ Drummer Lite (market leading multi-sampled acoustic drum-kit library to create great drums track in just a few clicks)
o Licklibrary - Guitar Tuition Software (Exclusive to OPC, selection of free guitar lessons from one of the world’s largest guitar education brands delivered through a Licklibrary media player)
- 15 watt RMS per channel stereo amplifier (into 4 ohms) with 2 band EQ, - 2 x JBL 6.5” 55 Watt RMS Dual Concentric Speakers both mounted into an optimized cabinet for enhanced cooling and acoustics.
- Portable strong lightweight vinyl covered wooden case with an all aluminium powder-coated chassis featuring the same iconic design as a small Orange Amplifier optimised for personal computer use.
- Direct stereo line to the internal amplifier allows the OPC to be used as an amplifier and speaker for any playback device- from iPods to Microphones
NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300 integrated graphics (overclocked GPU)
GPU clock: 580 MHz / Shader clock: 1400 MHz
HDMI/VGA/DVI-I allowing up to 3 monitor outputs at the same time
Onboard 5.1-channel high-definition audio (via 3 stereo mini-jacks) and Optical * Coaxial S/PDIF outputs
2 independent ¼” jack inputs for guitar, microphone or instrument, switchable and attenuated
2 line-output ¼” jack sockets
2 powered jack sockets for external speaker use
Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF outputs
Intel® Pentium® Processor E5400 (2M Cache, 2.70 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
4GB dual-channel DDR2 800 (PC6400)
7 USB 2.0 ports and 1 eSATA port for adding extra storage and devices.
Includes a top loaded (slot loading) DVD±RW DL for easy access and built-in Wi-Fi (802.11g) featuring a top loaded antenna maximising signal strength and throughput.
PCI-E x16 accepting a range of interfaces from PCI-E x1 through to x16.
Initially the OPC will be sold direct from Orange UK, Orange USA or from the Orange Website and will be available August 2010. Oranges Global Distribution network will expand later this year into general computer stores.
For further information news please see the website www.orangeamps.com.
From a press release.