Roland V-Drums Competition
(ShackMan | Posted 2010-08-03)
Another year, another competition, and another chance for you to get noticed by some top-notch people in the music industry. Roland U.S. is looking for the nation's best drummer with the 2010 V-Drums(R) Contest. Co-sponsored by DRUM! magazine, Remo, Drum Workshop, and Blue Man Group, the V-Drums Contest gives drummers the chance to compete at the local, regional, and national level with solo drum performances on the TD-20SX V-Pro(R) Series V-Drums, and win professional percussion gear and swag along the way.
Start by submitting a digital audition to www.RolandUS.com/VDrumsContest before August 31st to qualify for one of 28 preliminary competitions to be held at a local music retailer, and the result could be a slot in the regional competition, or even the National Finals in Las Vegas, Nevada. Entries will be judged and selected by Roland U.S., who will be looking for musicianship, stage presence, and creative uses of technology in drum performances. So show them musicality and dynamic playing. Show them that you are really into the performance, and above all stand out from the crowd somehow. Go somewhere you might not normally go, and it could land you in the spotlight. Maybe not even in this contest, but someday.
You can find the information and schedule below as well as on Rolandís website.
- Digital Auditions - August 1st to August 31st
- Send digital auditions to www.RolandUS.com/VDrumsContest
- 15 contestants will be chosen to compete at one of 28 preliminary locations
Preliminary Round - September 14th
- One winner from each preliminary location will be chosen to compete in the regional round
Preliminary Winner Prize:
- RMP-5 Rhythm Coach(R)
- PDS-2 Pad Stand
- Goodie Bags sponsored by Remo, Drum Workshop, DRUM!, and Blue Man Group
Regional Round - October 5th
- One winner from each regional round will be chosen to compete in the National Finals
Regional Winner Prize:
- OCTAPAD(TM) SPD-30 Percussion Pad
- PDS-10 Pad Stand
- Gift Bags sponsored by Remo, Drum Workshop, DRUM!, and Blue Man Group
National Finals - November 4th
- Sam Ash Music - Las Vegas, Nevada
- Celebrity Judges from Co-Sponsors, Drum Artists
- Guest performances by Blue Man Group and Thomas Lang
Grand Prize Winner
- TD-20SX V-Pro Series V-Drums Kit
- PM-30 Personal Monitor Amplifier
- DW 9000-Series: Hi-Hat Stand, Snare Stand, Double Pedal, Throne
- Remo Custom shell wraps
- TD-9SX V-Tour(R) Series V-Drums Kit
- DW 5000-Series: Double Pedal, Throne
Prizes aren't too shabby at any level. So get those entries in, and remember to do something new and unexpected! They always remember you better that way.