Fender announces limited edition John Mayer BLACK1 Strat
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-09-15)
John Mayer's super sleek, famous black guitar has been his "go-to" instrument for years. He has been able to rely on it through countless recording sessions and shows, and affectionately refers to it as the "Black1."
In collaboration with the artist, Fender is now offering 500 limited edition John Mayer Special Edition Black1 Stratocasters.
The guitar shares features with Mayer's 2005 signature model; notably, a slightly oversized “C”-shaped neck and “Big Dipper” single-coil pickups wound to John’s exacting specifications. Upgraded BLACK1 features include gold hardware and a model-exclusive, super-protective Incase® gig bag. Designed in collaboration with John, the gig bag can be customized using its modular accessory compartments and patch set (included).
UNlike John's persoanl guitar, the limited BLACK1 will not be roadworn by Fender. John implores everyone to "make their own trouble on it", and their own musical experiences give it the same kind of extreme wear and battle scars that his personal guitar bears.
Fender John Mayer Special Edition BLACK1 Stratocaster Electric Guitar Features:
* Alder body
* Maple neck
* Satin urethane finish on back of neck; gloss finish on face of headstock
* Rosewood fretboard
* 9.5" fretboard radius
* 21 Dunlop 6105 narrow jumbo frets
* White position dot inlays
* 25-1/2" scale
* 1.650" nut width
* Synthetic bone string nut
* Original vintage-style truss rod nut
* 3 Big Dipper™ Single-Coil Strat pickups
* 5-position pickup switch
* Master volume, neck tone, bridge/middle tone control
* Gold hardware
* Gold Schaller die-cast tuners with pearloid buttons
* American vintage-style synchronized tremolo
* Aged white tremolo arm
No word yet from Fender on price or expected arrival in stores.