Roland launches guitar synth challenge
(Dave Molter | Posted 2010-10-16)
Roland U.S. is proud to announce the Guitar Synth Challenge online video contest, where forward-thinking musicians who stretch the boundaries of guitar performance will be able to show their creativity with Roland’s industry-leading guitar synthesizer technology.
Start by submitting a video performance with any Roland GR, GI or GM series guitar synthesizer, and the result could be $3,000 in any BOSS and Roland gear of your choice.
How To Enter
* Create an original music performance video that is five minutes or less, relying primarily on a Roland guitar synthesizer product (any GR, GM, or GI series model).
* Upload video to YouTube™, and make sure the title begins with “Roland Guitar Synth Challenge.”
* Fill out the contest registration form at RolandUS.com/GuitarSynthChallenge.
* Entries will be judged and selected by Roland, who will be looking at the creativity, musicianship, and technical skill of the performance.
* Grand Prize: $3,000 retail value of Roland and BOSS gear
* 2nd Place: $2,000 retail value of Roland and BOSS gear
* 3rd Place: $1,000 retail value of Roland and BOSS gear
The Guitar Synth Challenge is open now through December 31, 2010. This contest is open to U.S. residents only. To enter, visit RolandUS.com/GuitarSynthChallenge.
ELIGIBILITY: CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. The sponsor of this Contest is Roland Corporation U.S. (the “Sponsor”).
Officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents of YouTube, Sponsor, its and their parent
companies (if any), subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotional and judging agencies,
persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Contest (collectively,
the “Promotion Parties”) and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each)
of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not
eligible to participate. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and where
prohibited by law.
,b>Equipment Requirements: You must own or have access to Roland guitar synthesizer product (model
code GR, GM, or GI) and have a valid user account with YouTube™ to be eligible for the Contest.
Age Restrictions; Certain age restrictions required by law or
various commercial practices may apply to aspects of your submission or if you are selected as a winner
in this Contest. If you are under the age of 18 (under the age of 19 in Alabama), you will need to obtain
the consent of your parent or legal guardian and have that person sign the Contest entry form along with
About Roland Corporation
Roland Corporation is a leading manufacturer and distributor of electronic musical instruments, including keyboards and synthesizers, guitar products, electronic percussion, digital recording equipment, amplifiers, audio processors, and multimedia products. With over 38 years of musical instrument development, Roland sets the standard in music technology for the world to follow. For more information, visit http://www.RolandUS.com.
From a press release.