TC-Helicon announces modern performance vocal microphones
(Dave Molter | Posted 2011-01-07)
TC-Helicon announces two high performance dynamic microphones, the MP-70 and MP-75, units designed to put control in the hands of the singer.
Both microphones are handheld dynamics that deliver the superlative performance that vocalists
have come to expect from a TC-Helicon product, but the MP-75 comes with one added feature that
puts vocalists in control of their performance – Mic Control.
What is Mic Control?
The MP-75 dynamic handheld mic has a single button on the barrel that can be used to switch
effects from a range of TC-Helicon effects processors in and out. In this way any vocalist can
switch effects and signal processing in or out of the signal path as they see fit. Simply hit the button
that’s right there on the barrel and change your performance in an instant.
The MP-75 is a microphone engineered for the sonic realities of modern vocal performance. MP-75
allows for simple one-button control of a range of TC-Helicon vocal effects (free firmware update
may be required), including: VoiceLive 2, VoiceLive Touch, VoiceTone Correct XT, VoiceTone, Harmony-G-XT, VoiceTone Create XT, VoiceTone Synth and VoiceTone Singles. Superior Vocal Tone
The proprietary Lismer capsule design uses a patented neodymium magnet structure for high output
and uniform performance. The placement of the super-cardioid capsule provides a high degree of
off-axis noise rejection and feedback suppression. In addition, a dual material diaphragm with light
and rigid sections produces 50Hz to 18kHz frequency response.
• Excellent pop and breath noise rejection
• Superior background noise rejection and resistance to feedback
• Super-cardioid pick-up pattern with 50Hz to 18kHz frequency response
• Lismer dynamic capsule voiced for ‘close-up’ mic technique
• Suspended dual shock mount for low handling noise
• Patent pending Mic Control circuit for controlling TC-Helicon vocal effects
• 100% custom design for ruggedness and ergonomics
• Ideal for use with TC-Helicon’s Adaptive Tone
• Both the MP-70 and MP-75 will work with non TC-Helicon products
MP-75 US$210 MSRP / !160 List price (excl. VAT)
MP-70 US$160 MSRP / !122 List price (excl. VAT)
Available: April 2011
For more information visit www.tc-helicon.com
From a press release.