TC-Helicon releases VoiceTone Correct XT pedal for singers
(Dave Molter | Posted 2011-01-07)
TC-Helicon’s VoiceTone Correct XT puts professional-sounding vocals within the
reach of any vocalist. Updated from its winning predecessor, Correct XT makes it quicker and
easier for any vocalist to get that polished, produced sound.
Correct XT contains all of the tools needed to deliver a professional vocal sound in one easy-to-control,
hands-on pedal. The Adaptive Dynamics control combines with de-essing and Adaptive Shape EQ to ensure bright and smooth vocal performances and unparalleled tone every time, no
matter what the vocal style.
Correct XT has the heritage of TC-Helicon’s superb Adaptive Tone technology, meaning that EQ
and Dynamics automatically adapt to suit a wide range of vocal material. Correct XT also contains
a host of improvements to make this a one-stop vocal processing shop for anyone who needs
smooth, pro vocal tone with the added security of active anti-feedback. No calibration is required –
users simply set and forget for fulltime feedback protection.
Correct XT also contains auto-chromatic pitch correction that works regardless of what key or scale
you’re singing in. No menus, no fuss – simply switch in the pitch correction and you’re good to go. With Correct XT, jaw-dropping vocal performances are as easy as plugging in your mic – it’s like
having a live sound engineer and a vocal coach at every gig!
TC-Helicon’s Adaptive Tone technology intelligently adjusts Shape EQ and Dynamics
(compression & de-essing) to provide the perfect vocal tone balance. Best of all it’s easy – just set
and forget. There’s also an adaptive gate that can be added to clean up noise as well as to help
Feedback is a reality for the contemporary vocalist. Unlike other anti-feedback technology,
VoiceTone Correct XT doesn’t require any pre-calibration in a quiet room before the gig – who has
time for that anyways? Once again, it’s set and forget – protecting everyone’s ears.
Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction
The auto-chromatic pitch correction helps you sing more in tune, much like a metronome helps for
playing in time. It’s like singing along with a singer who has perfect pitch: you know when you’re
out of tune and you naturally correct yourself.
• Adaptive gate gently reduces background noise when no input signal detected
• Balanced XLR input/output
• USB connection to free VoiceSupport application that offers tips, tricks and updates
• Multiband anti-feedback stays on alert for feedback and clamps it automatically and quickly
• Individual controls allow quick and precise adjustment
• Auto-chromatic pitch correction requires no key or scale
• Advanced controls alter Shape EQ and dynamic response to best suit singing style if desired
• Pitch correction on/off footswitch independent of tone shaping
• Studio quality mic preamp with phantom power
• Instrument input can be used as a convenient balanced XLR, DI output
• Connects easily with other VoiceTone pedals to define personal effect chain
• Correction on and off can be done from the optional MP-75 microphone
VoiceTone Correct XT is now available:
Price: US$345 MSRP / Euro 235 List Price (excl. VAT)
From a press release.