TASCAM US-200 Audio Interface
(Dave Molter | Posted 2011-02-21)
If you're into home recording, you know that having a USB interface with the ability to output more than one channel at a time can be a great addition to your setup. TASCAM's new US-200 is an affordable ($149 street) addition to the marketplace.
Housed in a lightweight, portable chassis, the US-200 is a 2-in/4-out USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interface for Mac and Windows computers that bears more than passing resemblance to interfaces available from Avid and M-Audio. With the US-200 audio can be recorded at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution. Two high-quality XLR microphone inputs provide phantom power for condenser microphones. Four unbalanced RCA outputs are available on the rear panel, and the US-200 also doubles as a MIDI interface by providing MIDI input and output for synths and drum machines.
A direct monitoring path provides monitoring without the delay of going through computer software. The US-200 is buss-powered, meaning no additional power supply is required.
A copy of Cubase LE5 is included – the latest version of Steinberg’s 48-track workstation software. VST plug-in support, automated mixing and MIDI tracks allow you to craft large productions without adding any other software. If you want to use your own software, the US-200 supports most Mac and Windows software such as Logic Pro, Live, Nuendo, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, and Pro Tools 9.
* 2-in/4-out USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interface
* 96kHz/24-bit audio resolution
* Two mic preamps with phantom power, XLR/TRS combo jacks
* Four unbalanced RCA outputs
* MIDI input and output
* Signal Present and Overload meter LEDs on each input
* Line Out/Phones level control
* Monitor mix level control and Mono/stereo switch for direct input monitoring
* Instrument (high impedance) switch for input 1 with indicator LED
* Includes Cubase LE5 48-track workstation recording software
For more information, visit www.tascam.com.