Audio Technica’s AT2022 X/Y Stereo Condenser Microphone now available
(mtebaldi | Posted 2011-03-31)
Audio Technica, one of the most respected names in the microphone manufacturing world, just announced that their newly released AT2022 X/Y Stereo Condenser Microphone is now available for shipping. The AT2022 X/Y Stereo Condenser Microphone was specially designed for stereo recording applications. Comprised of two unidirectional condenser capsules in an X/Y configuration pivot to allow for narrow (90°) or wide (120°) stereo operation. The capsules also fold flat for storage and transportation. Designed for general stereo recording and field sound capture, the AT2022 provides the spatial impact and realism of a live sound field. The AT2022 includes a 1.6' (0.5 m) cable terminating in a 3-pin XLRF-type and a 1/8" (3.5 mm) connector. The output of the microphone is a 3-pin XLRM-type connector. The microphone requires a 1.5V AA battery for operation.
A switch permits a choice of flat response or low-frequency roll-off (via integral 80 Hz high-pass filter) to help control undesired ambient noise. The microphone is enclosed in a rugged housing for durability. The included AT8405a stand clamp permits mounting on any microphone stand with 5/8"-27 threads. A fuzzy windscreen, battery and soft protective pouch are also included.
Here are some of the advantages that you will find on Audio Technica AT2022 X/Y Stereo Condenser Microphone:
- X/Y stereo microphone with unique pivoting electret condenser capsules for ultimate flexibility
- Provides the spatial impact and realism of a live sound field
- Battery operation allows use with most recording devices
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off minimizes pickup of unwanted low-frequency noise
- User-selectable 90° or 120° stereo operation for narrow or wide pickup patterns
- Ideal for general stereo recording and field sound capture
- Excellent channel separation
- Included fuzzy windscreen offers excellent wind protection
Audio-Technica’s AT2022 X/Y Stereo Condenser Microphone is now available with a U.S. retail suggested price of $439.00.
For more information about Audio Techniqca, please visit www.audio-technica.com.