Beckemer GC-50R Reviews 3

I acquired the amp at a little store in Canada, where i was attending guitar classes. It was back in 1996 i think. The amp came with the footswitch. Don't think I had a really good deal since Beckemer doesn't exist anymore...

The GC-50R is a good amp, has a good sound overall. It has a bright switch on clear channel and a boost and switch on overdrive channel. It offers a good versatility, but you have to try a lot of different settings before you get the sound you want.

Altought the sound can be interesting, I think that it sometimes lacks some deepness. At loud volume, I can hear some noises that I don't really appreciate. Maybe they could have a better outside finish too.

Overall, it's a tough amp. The exterior looks a little cheap, but the job is done.

Not the best amp out there, but can do the job. Pop up the volume a little and the sound gets better. I looking for a new one right now, maybe from a more liable company. Heard that their customer service was pretty good, too bad they don't exist anymore...

Martin rated this unit 3 on 2004-11-15.