Fender 60's Reissue Stratocaster - Mexico Reviews 5

I aquired this guitar from a friend who worked for Fender for some years, and paid $300US with custom shop case.

This strat is one of the best I've played. The previous owner being a former employee of Fender, and a guitar tech for the past 30 years, it was setup beautifully. He had changed the pickups and replaced them with custom shops, pots and switch are all american quality - this guitar has definately got some meat on it now! Great blues tone, and the front pickup will knock your head off. When ran clean, it is one of the creamiest sounding guitars that I've heard or played. The color, shell pink, is quite refreshing after seeing every other guitar player in the world playing red, black, and olympic white--This is one of the best features of this strat. The neck on the guitar is quite responsive, nice and fat. A player's dream. I could go on and on about the quality of this guitar, but I won't. I would definately put my mexican reissue up against any USA strat.

There were only a couple of things that slightly displeased me about this strat, and they were very slight. There was some flaws in the fingerboard where the laquer had ran onto the rosewood, nothing a razorblade and a little light sanding did not fix. The frets were a little rough, but after a fret dress they are near perfection, and the quality of the tuners were but copies, I ordered a set of aged original klusons and problem solved.

Made in Mexico, color shell pink (nickname Mary Kay) - rosewood fingerboard, kluson tuners, custom shop pickups, american electronics -- need I say more.

Jayson Starkey rated this unit 5 on 2003-12-09.