Harmony 1980's Stratocaster Style Guitar Reviews 3

I got this guitar from my uncle who got it used from someone during the 80's. I paid $40 for it and it's probably the best $40 I've ever spent.

It has a very solid construction, my friend dropped it on a concrete floor and I haven't noticed any change in tone or loose parts or anything. It has a decent sound for such a cheap guitar. It's not that great, but I put it through my distortion pedal and it sounds so much better. When my friends heard me play it they couldn't tell it wasn't a Fender. I can play Slash solos on it and they sound pretty good. For me the neck is easy to play on, I can play very fast and it's easy to move up and down the fretboard.

The only thing I can complain about is sometimes the treble isn't as strong as I would like it and the little plastic thing at the end of the neck that the strings run through before they go to the tuning pegs is loose and it makes the high E string buzz sometimes. Also the tone selector switch sometimes just buzzes instead of kicking in, but if you wiggle it it's fine, though I think this is just because it's over 20 years old.

It is constructed very well. It has great quality for such a cheap guitar.

This guitar is better than most of the other beginner guitars that I've played. I don't know if that's because it was made in the 80's but the newer ones kinda suck.

kyle rated this unit 3 on 2004-11-04.