Ibanez SD500 Reviews 5

I was looking to buy a new bass when I walked into a local guitarshop little did I know that the bass of my dreams would be waiting inside...only joking. enought with the cheese fest, but seriously I saw this bass on the shop wall and it WAS like my dream bass. Costing 450 it should be at least half decent though right?

It is really great to play on with a thin neck and a really nice contoured body (easy on the wrists). Also it is great to look at. The combination of the P-bass and Jazz pickups gives you a good sound variation, and the active pickups let you control bass, middle and treble. Its a really well balanced bass aswell.

Nothing really....OK if I have to think of something, its a bit on the heavy side, which although giving great sustain, can be a bit harsh on the shoulders after a couple of hours playing.

Very solidly put together. Pots all totally solid, and no neck movement whatsoever. good paint job aswell(mine is tranlusent crimson red).

A really good allround bass.Also the combination of pickups and the fact that they are active make it really adaptable as well. I have used it for hard rock funk and alot of mellowed out stuff aswell, havn't tried it with jazz but I bet it would be great for that aswell.

Sammy P rated this unit 5 on 2004-09-27.