Pacific CX Series Maple Reviews 4

So I was down in Baltimore last weekend for a gig at the Cuervo Games. After a 4+ hours drive we got to the place, which it was pretty cool. It was located in a square nearby the water. The outdoor stage was decent in size and once I saw the DW kit on the drum raiser (at least at that moment I thought it was a DW kit) I was very pleased. It was during sound check when I realized that the kit in reality was Pacific CX.

This kit is a discontinued product. It used to be in the market for a price around $700.

After some tweaking on the toms tuning, I got the kit to sound really good. The hoops and lug were as if they were new. The kick also had a very good sound, nearly comparable to a DW kit.

This is a 6-piece all maple drum set with FAST tom sizes. Sound wise the kit is great but I think construction wise could be better.

Besides some construction imperfections that could be improved, this is a great sounding kit.

mtebaldi rated this unit 3 on 2010-08-12.

This set was a set that I practiced on in a music shop. There were also many other PDP drums there and I tried this one because Mike Cosgrove of Alien Ant Farm uses them. But I didn't buy it, but I played it for about an hour.

The bass drum was good and loud. The snare drum had a nice crisp sound.

The toms would ring very loudly when you hit them (but it might have been because I was using a very powerful stick). It was also pricey for me and it didn't come with cymbals ($850). I'm poor, oh well. But other than that, it's a good drum set.

Good quality with 8-ply shells. 5-piece.

A good set but with ringing toms. If you like playing really loud and having heavy bass, the this is a good set for you.

Joe rated this unit 4 on 2004-02-01.