Sennheiser MD 421 II Reviews 5

There has been a lot of changes to the MD 421 II from the previous models. The 421 is built a lot tougher than the previous models and has a sleeker design to it. You will love using this mic if you can fit it into your budget. It will deliver a very clear clean sound with no feedback and as I said before there is a several position roll off swi... [read more on Audiofanzine]

stompboxjon rated this unit 4 on 2012-04-13.

This is probably one of my favorite mics for really loud situations or situations where feedback is prone to happen. It won't feedback ever in my experience. The odd shape can be an issue if you don't have the proper clip at hand. And the clip it does use it very annoying. At the end of the day it's a great reliable mic for a number of odd u... [read more on Audiofanzine]

James... rated this unit 4 on 2011-12-21.

The MD 421 II is a fantastic microphone for most applications, and if I had to compare it to anything, which I do, even though the MD 421 II itself sets a standard, I could say (in a dangerous broad sweep of a statement) that it is a rich man's Shure SM57. One more interesting fact is that it CAN be used for vocals, although it would not be m... [read more on Audiofanzine]

Anonymous rated this unit 5 on 2011-07-19.

I have used mine for about a year. I like using it on toms the best. It picks up the low end that toms give without being overwhelmed. It gives a nice clear sound for them that most mics can't capture. It also has worked well for me on guitar amps, especially ones with heavy low end that really need the extra power. The roll-off that they provid... [read more on Audiofanzine]

mooseherman rated this unit 5 on 2009-05-15.

I've had my 421 for about a year, the thing I like most about it is its versatility. I have one of them and I always use it on the the floor tom as they capture the low end of that really well I feel. I also always use these on guitar amps, they are my mic of choice for that, along with an SM57/ I love having the roll off knob to adjust between ... [read more on Audiofanzine]

moosers rated this unit 5 on 2008-03-24.