Shergold Masquerader Custom Reviews 3

I mainly play uke but cannot resist the guitar temptation, currently have around 115 instruments. My son is a great jazz player, better than I will ever be, so I have sort of given up the six string beast in order to concentrate on the four string Hawaiian beach bat.

A clunky axe, sort of thrown together with no real style or finesse, cheap nasty looking plastic bits and apart from the Schallers, cheap fittings, switches etc.

Slim, very fast 22 fret bolt on neck with zero fret and thin nut/spacer. Solid one piece Mahogany body ( Nice piece of wood on this one, possibly as the lacquer is clear)but badly finished in the cut outs, and with a profile to the edges like those on a table leg.

A good vintage BRITISH guitar, but frankly not a patch on a cheap modern Chinese or Korean strat, which are not only built better but are CONSISTENT. Much nicer than any Hofner or Watkins in my opinion. The neck is near magic, let down by the rest of the guitar! Hold on though, lets be positive. In Summary I would say 'Uniquely British, great at the time' The fish & chips of Guitars! Back to the future.

UkenPlayIt rated this unit 3 on 2006-06-23.