Shine SI - 10 Reviews 5

Its a white stratocaster look alike, with three single coil pickups, five way selector switch, etc. The sound from this guitar is fairly bright, and clear, with a really nice strat sound (I love the sound off mine). It seems to have a broad frequency response from the stagered pole pickups, with no hum, or feedback etc. It also stays in tune well. The finish is good, and up to now mine is holding up well, although i've only had it five to six months.

There is a slight crackle when changing selector position and the input jack has a slight blister in the chrome. These are only nit picks, there's nothing I can't live with.

the neck is maple?, and rosewood, the body is solid wood (apparently paulownia), I have a second guitar a chineese squire affinity, the shine is quite a bit heavier, by about three pounds. Also the neck is slightly thicker than the squier. It has a quilt top shape, as opposed to a normal strat look. Mine had a three layer scratch plate on white/black/white, which I liked although I now have a black pearlescent one on, which looks well against the white body, and dark fretboard. The finish is generally good, the sound from the pickups, is great, with no hum, feedback etc I'm made up with mine.

Phil Darby rated this unit 5 on 2004-07-25.