Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Crash 17' Reviews 5

The Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Crash 17' is a rockers dream. With great brilliance and power it sits well with just about any set up. I am a student, musician, writer, and pretty good line dancer residing in beautiful Nashville, TN. I've been a drummer and guitar player for the past 10 years of my life and have began engineering and producing in the past 4. I currently play drums for the band Brookline and you can see me rockin' an Orange County Drum or Mapex kit decked out with Zildjian K Hybrids.

I bought this cymbal at Guitar Center in Nashville for $274.95 about 3 months ago. I was searching for a new pair of compliment crash%27s and stumbled upon the new Hybrid line.

This crash has a great attack with a quick response. Zildjian describes it as %27darkness and brilliance%27 but I prefer calling %27Phat%27 (that%27s right, with a PH). When this cymbal opens up, it projects and is quite loud (which I love).

The only thing I don%27t enjoy about this product, and this is very superficial, is it%27s finish. The bell and inner 3 or 4 inches are finished much like the K custom ride and the rest of this cymbal has the classic K custom finish. It gives it a very %27hybrid%27 look but I fancy a duller finish.

This entire line of cymbals have a copper to tin ration of 80/20 and tend to run on the thin side. I have realized that although thinner than some of my other crashes, the seem to have a sturdiness about them that the others done. They resonate evenly and take a beating!

Bottom Line? If you are a serious drummer and want to invest money in some mac-daddy cymbals - these are it. They sound simply awesome live and in the studio. They also come with a great manufacturers warranty.

AlexV rated this unit 5 on 2010-03-11.